BUT of course this didn't fly with me. With walkthrough on Friday (today), I was determined to also settle on the same day, so I got to work. Talking with the builder to make sure all was good on the house on walk through day to have it to a standard that would allow us to handover also on the same day could be described as interesting, however, that description just doesn't cut it. With the seed in their minds set that we were going to hand over today, I got to work on the bank. Pushing the point that I wanted handover today, The bank needed to organise the valuer to value the property to give the go ahead to release the documents, the task of giving all the documentation the bank needed from us to do so, certificate of currency, authorisation from us to release funds as well as additional credits to specific accounts, and council approvals. Wouldn't say that this was a walk in the park the day before handover.
Friday morning, 9am, outside our house that was about to become our home. Checklist for the day:
- Walk through and pick the crap out of it. Check.
- Confirm with bank that I successfully pushed and a bank cheque would be waiting at the bank. Check.
- Go to bank and pickup the cheque. Check but this was not without problems in itself. It just had to be the day that they had a problem with their system and that it wouldn't let them print the cheque out, when it was only 30 minutes until our appointment with the builder for settlement... which was 40 minutes away.
- Arrive at Beechwood head office, 15 minutes late, 20 minutes before office lockdown with supervisor meeting. Nail biting finish. Check
- Exchange tiny cheque with big value on it for some shiny new keys.... CHECK.
And now begins the very fun task of moving in. Yet another scrammble took place after this to find a truck at 3pm on friday afternoon for saturday pickup... SCORE! Got lucky on the 4th call. Landscaper startes next week. SCORE. By end of next week it should be like we've been there for weeks and HOPEFULLY by christmas we should have the construction site turned into a very good looking property!